Skip to main content

The year that was. (2013 edition)

This was supposed to be done like more than a week ago, but since I can’t get my lazy fat ass to do anything when I am home, I might as well do it while I am here sitting at work, nothing much to do. 

I cannot say that 2013 was a bad year for me, but I can’t say otherwise either. 2013 had its strong ups and downs, and I am still thankful for everything despite all the hardships I had to go through. 

There would probably four highlights of my year.

I finally saw Shinhwa. Thanks to a few people, I finally saw them in the flesh. It was one trip I will never forget, since I saw Shinhwa, and it was the first time I went to a solo trip. Met a few people, but nonetheless, it was a solo trip, ticked off my bucket list already. Each one of them has their own personal charm and that as a group they are indeed legends in their own right. Seeing them on their 15th year was pretty special and awesome too!

I finally saw CN Blue, upclose and also in a concert. I saw Yonghwa’s everlasting frizzy hair while fixing his ever beloved gift of a microhpne stand from one of his fanclubs. It was also an experience I will never forget as I have tried events and stuff but I don’t think it is for me. I won’t even do it for a fee. Hahaha. But it also marked that milestone that I have seen all my bias groups(SS501, Big Bang, Shinhwa and CN Blue). I don’t think I will be going to places again to see any one of them anytime soon. (I hope I don’t eat my word on this).

I got my heart shattered this year. Yet again. After 3 and a half years. Let’s not go too much into details as I don’t know that much myself. But I decided not to think about it anymore as much as I can, and decided not to know intentionally the reasons why. The other party isn’t ready, and may never be ready so I have given up that hope of understanding. Though, I am just a human and there are days I still think about it, but dwelling too much is something I am trying not to do this 2014. I will lie if I say I don’t miss the person or I have moved on or let go already. But, I am much better. I still love and miss but I also surprise myself with the gravity of such. I hope one day it comes to a point that I don’t get affected as much as I am, and that, I don’t feel pain anymore or sadness.

Lastly, I finally have moved on in terms of career. Decided to quit my old job, and moved on to a new one I have always wanted to try. Been here almost a month already and so far things have been okay. It isn’t as busy, actually it is super lax and tons of downtime, but I am learning so much, and meeting new people too. The business is also very interesting as people switch to different things whenever they can. Before I moved, this was actually my dream job. And now I am here, I have finally ticked this one off my bucket list. Will have to go and find a new dream/goal which hopefully I can attain again in a few years or so. Pay isn’t as good, but experience wise, I feel this is something good as I will have to deal with my money issues with frugality and much thought and care. I hope that by the end of this year. I will be wise with money too, since I am not very good with expenses and money.

For 2014. I look forward to so many things and experiences with the job mostly, but also, I look forward to the self discovery I will take as I am about to be independent for a couple of months. I am not sure how to handle it, but I look forward to gaining experiences, learning from mistakes, and standing up after a big blow or a fall. Also, I have started to gain back my old relationship with God, and I feel that this is something I should also work on for 2014. 2014 may be more frugal year for me, maybe no trips for me, but I know that God has something in store for me this year. Technically I will be having trips, since my job requires field work (which I am seriously excited about), and will learn how to backpack and be frugal with travels too. J

Overall, 2013 isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It maybe gave me one of the biggest blows, but God still showered me with something I will forever be grateful for. J


Happy new year everyone! Wishing everyone a fulfilling and meaningful year ahead of you. Let us learn to be grateful and thankful, and maybe, pay it forward too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indak - Up Dharma Down

Tatakbo at gagalaw Mag-iisip kung dapat bang bumitaw Kulang na lang, atakihin Ang pag-hinga'y nabibitin Ang dahilang alam mo na Kahit ano pang sabihin nila Tayong dalawa lamang ang makakaalam Ngunit ako ngayo'y naguguluhan Makikinig ba ako Sa aking isip na dati pa namang magulo? O iindak na lamang Sa tibok ng puso mo At aasahan ko na lamang na Hindi mo aapakan ang aking mga paa Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasayaw Habang nanonood siya...  Paalis at pabalik May baong yakap at suklian ng halik Mag-papaalam at mag-sisisi Habang papiglas ka ako sayo ay tatabi Tayong dalawa lamang ang nakaka-alam Ngunit hindi na matanto kung sino nga ba ang pag-bibigyan ko Makikinig nga ba sa isipan na alam ang wasto Ngunit pipigilan ang pag-ibig nya na totoo Iindak na lamang ba sa tibok ng puso mo At aasahan ko hindi nya lamang aapakan ang aking mga paa Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasaya Habang nalulungkot ka Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasaya Habang nalulungkot ka Ako&#

Looking back 2009.

http://marge0256.multiply.com/journal/item/119/2008. I read my blog (the link above) when I got back this morning from a hella crazy night. Reading my past blog, I know I had to blog once again. It's been a while since I blogged anything. Haha. This year, was g enerally so so. Had my highs and lows as well. And I want to share it in detail. Seriously, in detail. I ended 2008 breaking u p with Kat. For thos of you who don't know, I had an almost 1 year official relationship with a girl AGAIN. And of course, after the break-up, we were still in contact so technically, we werent completely over each other. I started 2009 with high hopes o f us getting back together, and us fixing things. But instead, we separated ways after a few months. We celebrated our anniversary yes, but after that, I guess it was not meant to be. As of now, we still talk sometimes, but nonetheless, a lot has changed, for her and for me. She's moving to a different department, a department I highly recom

Confession For You.

Sorry. Me, being an official fangirl started Friday night. :) I spazz everyday, I do daily rounds of blogs and videos to make sure I'm updated. I buy their CDs and DVDs like there is no tomorrow. I listen to ONLY their songs on my iPod. To make things.. I don't know, worse? or better. I even started writing again. Fanfics for that matter. I started with this poem I made. :D It started with a very short poem. Not this. But one short poem I made a month ago. Because I was inspired by my friend Gwyn, a Member of Triple S Philippines. This was created because of my addiction. Thanks to my friends, and to gwyn of course :) ____________ I made this last night. Along with several friends. Namely Bela and Cresa. Hype of watching Love Like This MV. It started with a few lines witgh SS501 songs, and ended in this manner. I hope everyone gets to enjoy this. Despite the fact that it was intended for my love and addiction for my oppa. :) _____________ On the wee hours of October 23,