Skip to main content

You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Homily today was something I never expected to hear today.

Gospel talks about loving your neighbor the way you love yourself. But that’s the thing, I don’t even know if I love myself enough.

I have been blaming myself for all the bad things that have happened to me, and feeling that I deserved all of it. I thought, after all these years of protecting myself, of walking away from a lot of things, from not getting myself get hurt, I thought I was loving myself more. I realized today that it was how I loved myself, but it wasn’t enough. I have lived all these years in fear. Fear that all those bad things happening again. Getting hurt by the one you love, feeling my heart breaking every time, feeling the pain by every hit someone I care about says to me, or getting shattered by every blow a threat or a punch or anything physical was shown to me by the people I love and care for. I play the victim, because by definition, I am. But I also realized that going to therapy, I am trying not to be one.

I remember, once, this guy told me that I should stop feeling bad and sorry, that I should not live in fear, and I should face everything head on. That same day he told me that was the same day he told me he wanted to be in my life. That day, was also the day I chose to walk away, because I wasn’t ready, I was scared, and I knew him well enough that I know at some point along the way he is going to hurt me. And he actually did. He just never knew that he did because I never told him how I felt.

In the Homily earlier, the priest also mentioned that when you get hurt about something by someone, it means you actually love that someone. Love means getting hurt and loving means feeling pain. Now I think about all the things I have gone through... me letting my mom do everything she did to me and feel very guilty about fighting back because I thought that I owe her everything I am right now, having an absentee dad, him being asked by my mom to leave the house at the age of 5, me meeting a little brother from another woman at the age of 9, me seeing my dad 7 years ago and seeing how my mom was so affected about it, me being mocked by people from the church organization calling me a flirt, a slut, me being bullied in high school at some point, me being a bitch in high school at some point, me trying to gain my mom’s attention, even if it meant acting out, flunking, stealing, and whatever it is you can actually think of.. me having a boyfriend at 13 and thinking it was forever, but people ruined that chance for me, me having a boyfriend before high school graduation and thought it was forever again, him meeting everyone in my life, only to end up getting hurt physically, emotionally and mentally, and me doing exactly the same to him, me dating a guy whom I thought was perfect for me, but ended up short lived because he was too weak enough to fight everything and everyone who underestimated him, me dating a guy because one ex-boyfriend told me to, which ended up me getting sexually abused by him, me stopping to date guys and dated girls for years because of the trauma of getting raped in my own home, running away one Christmas because I couldn’t stand him living in my home and doesn’t get sick to his stomach because of what he did to me, me telling my mom one day in April the year after it happened of what he exactly did to me which made me that way… me sinking into depression after mom found out everything that happened, me having a heart time trust and believe in myself and in other people already, me getting my heart broken by some girl who lived 7,000 miles away, me meeting a guy and slept with him on the first date, and ended up sleeping around, even to the point of it being at the expense of a very good friend and losing our friendship, me deciding to see a counselor, and eventually see a shrink and validate all these years’ theory of me being bipolar, and apparently having post-traumatic stress disorder, me being in manic for years already, me trying to go to therapy when I can, me ended up stopping therapy and did all the vices I could do, smoking, drugs, drinking, smoke, me getting my shit again together and started therapy again, me trying to meet new people, me trying to gain new friends, me trying to meet people and thinking of dating, me getting scared all the time about commitments, relationships, trust… here I am. The list goes on, of the things that have happened, but I’m sure there are some I could have forgotten, or choose not to write here. I am somewhere I could not remember so many things about my life, somewhere far past or near past or even just yesterday. I am somewhere I could not recall the last time I felt love, because my heart was filled with so much pain, anger, guilt… but mostly anger, anger about everything that happened to me, and how I just let things as it is because I chose to stay quiet and keep everything to myself, because I thought things would be better that way. But I realized I ended up hurting myself the most.

Maybe I love myself, because I feel pain just thinking about myself. But I now know I don’t love myself enough. I love others more than I love myself, which to be honest, right now, it sounds so wrong on so many levels. I wish I can love myself more, I wish I can give myself the freedom to be loved by everyone. I just know that I am so scared at the moment to let anyone in, to risk, to have faith in people. But I also know that because I am so scared, I lost people that could have actually been good for me. As a friend, as family, as someone special. I wish I can be free from just going out there and making it. I know I have been trying to live my life on my own, and somehow I feel I am successful, but I know somewhere along the way, I need to have people whom I can count on, people whom I can trust my life with. People whom I can trust.

So what’s the point of all of this blabbing? To be honest, I don’t know. All I know is that, right now, I really wish to feel love. To feel the pain of loving someone. I wish to be loved. Because I think I have forgotten how it felt, to love and to be loved. I feel so numb about everything at the moment. There are days I feel pain, but not because I was loving, but because of the pain of everything I have gone through and chose to let go because I felt I wasn’t ready, or because I was scared.

Do not get me wrong, I know that I have a lot of people who love me and care for me, but because they knew me before where I am right now, that’s why they stick. But right now, I feel that very few people know me because I am scared to trust, to go out there, to love and be loved. Because it means feeling pain, and pain is something I have been avoiding for the longest time because for the longest time, it was the only feeling I had. Pain and sadness have been my friends for the longest time, add up emptiness too. And right now, I do hope, one day, my life will be filled with hope, love and a something better.

Homily today taught me that there’s a silver lining out there, that to feel love is to feel pain, to get hurt. That we should choose to love even though we are in pain, that we should choose to forgive even we are in pain. And there, we can find freedom.



Session with the shrink this week… I wish I don’t flake. And I wish she tells me there’s progress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indak - Up Dharma Down

Tatakbo at gagalaw Mag-iisip kung dapat bang bumitaw Kulang na lang, atakihin Ang pag-hinga'y nabibitin Ang dahilang alam mo na Kahit ano pang sabihin nila Tayong dalawa lamang ang makakaalam Ngunit ako ngayo'y naguguluhan Makikinig ba ako Sa aking isip na dati pa namang magulo? O iindak na lamang Sa tibok ng puso mo At aasahan ko na lamang na Hindi mo aapakan ang aking mga paa Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasayaw Habang nanonood siya...  Paalis at pabalik May baong yakap at suklian ng halik Mag-papaalam at mag-sisisi Habang papiglas ka ako sayo ay tatabi Tayong dalawa lamang ang nakaka-alam Ngunit hindi na matanto kung sino nga ba ang pag-bibigyan ko Makikinig nga ba sa isipan na alam ang wasto Ngunit pipigilan ang pag-ibig nya na totoo Iindak na lamang ba sa tibok ng puso mo At aasahan ko hindi nya lamang aapakan ang aking mga paa Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasaya Habang nalulungkot ka Pipikit na lamang at mag-sasaya Habang nalulungkot ka Ako&#

Looking back 2009.

http://marge0256.multiply.com/journal/item/119/2008. I read my blog (the link above) when I got back this morning from a hella crazy night. Reading my past blog, I know I had to blog once again. It's been a while since I blogged anything. Haha. This year, was g enerally so so. Had my highs and lows as well. And I want to share it in detail. Seriously, in detail. I ended 2008 breaking u p with Kat. For thos of you who don't know, I had an almost 1 year official relationship with a girl AGAIN. And of course, after the break-up, we were still in contact so technically, we werent completely over each other. I started 2009 with high hopes o f us getting back together, and us fixing things. But instead, we separated ways after a few months. We celebrated our anniversary yes, but after that, I guess it was not meant to be. As of now, we still talk sometimes, but nonetheless, a lot has changed, for her and for me. She's moving to a different department, a department I highly recom

Confession For You.

Sorry. Me, being an official fangirl started Friday night. :) I spazz everyday, I do daily rounds of blogs and videos to make sure I'm updated. I buy their CDs and DVDs like there is no tomorrow. I listen to ONLY their songs on my iPod. To make things.. I don't know, worse? or better. I even started writing again. Fanfics for that matter. I started with this poem I made. :D It started with a very short poem. Not this. But one short poem I made a month ago. Because I was inspired by my friend Gwyn, a Member of Triple S Philippines. This was created because of my addiction. Thanks to my friends, and to gwyn of course :) ____________ I made this last night. Along with several friends. Namely Bela and Cresa. Hype of watching Love Like This MV. It started with a few lines witgh SS501 songs, and ended in this manner. I hope everyone gets to enjoy this. Despite the fact that it was intended for my love and addiction for my oppa. :) _____________ On the wee hours of October 23,